Cultivating and training the next generation of Chinese American young leaders is a critical mission of UCA. To ready these youth to fully participate in American public, political and civic life, and to fully prepare them to successfully transition from high school to a rewarding college life and a challenging world, a pivotal phase in their life, UCA Summer University has specifically designed this certified training program for Chinese American high school and college students.
The program offers one week of virtual class training, with 8–10 lectures covering 8 to 10 crucial subject matters, with a total of 16 to 20 class hours. The lectures are to be delivered by the top-notch speakers who have the real life experience or wisdom to share and interact with these students. The topics covered in 2021 program are all critical issues and knowledge that a student usually do not have opportunities to learn at school or at home. We believe this is the best gift parents can give to their college-bound children or to those already in college. And for a Chinese American youth, this will be the most rewarding few hours you could spend for this summer!
Eligibility, cost and Registration
- All high school students (including rising college freshmen) are eligible to apply.
- Deadline to apply: June 11, 2021
- Cost: $125
UCA Member Special: $100
- All students will be awarded a certificate of achievements at the end of the USU.
- Each of the top five students will be awarded a scholarship of $500.
- BIG BONUS! All middle and high school students’ media submissions will be highlighted on the UCA website and published on the online nationwide showcase of KQED. Select submissions will be aired on KQED broadcasts and shared with partner PBS and NPR stations around the country.