#UCAWAVES: Mental Health for College Students
Thursday, November 4, 2021
6:30 – 8 p.m. Eastern Time
Register at https://tinyurl.com/uca114
On November 4, the UCA WAVES Program will partner with experts and representatives from Talk Space, a peer mentoring program at North Carolina Central University Nursing, the Association of Student Governance (ASG) at the University of North Carolina (UNC), Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Clinical Scholars, and NAMI NC to host a webinar on mental health issues for college students. The event speakers include: Chief Health Equity Officer of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Victor Armstrong; Talk Space President Ashley Sherman; Duke University (Duke) School of Medicine student and WAVES Volunteer Coordinator Jennifer Tu; University of North Carolina (UNC) System ASG President Raymond Palma; Gail Pruett of NAMI NC; and Brown University (Brown) Psychiatrist and WAVES Volunteer Consultant Sen Xu, as well as student leaders and advocates who are currently attending Duke, Brown, and UNC.
美东时间 晚上 6:30 – 8 p.m. Eastern Time
9月是美国精神健康月，陈健女士在北卡中央大学的学生针对大学生的精神健康援引全美精神疾病联盟（National Alliances on Mental Illness，NAMI ）的权威调查数据，呼吁大家重视“五分之一大学生有自杀念头”这一严峻的社会问题。
该校11月4日针对大学生精神健康问题的专题研讨会，邀请到北卡卫生与公众服务部的首席卫生公平官Victor Armstrong，还有杜克大学医学院学生和WAVES协调员Jennifer Tu，精神病学家Sen Xu博士等作为演讲嘉宾。
#UCATalks: Return of McCarthyism?
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
12 p.m. ET
Register at tinyurl.com/Return-of-McCarthyism.
On Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 12pm ET, United Chinese Americans (UCA) discusses the U.S. Justice Department’s troubling “China Initiative” at the next #UCATalks webinar event “Return of McCarthyism?” with bestselling Author Larry Tye, The Intercept Investigative Reporter Mara Hvistendahl, and former Governor of Missouri and Chairman of the United State Heartland China Association Bob Holden. Register at tinyurl.com/Return-of-McCarthyism or by scanning the QR code on the flyer image with your mobile device’s camera.
United Chinese Americans (UCA)和United States Heartland China Association(USHCA)将于11月3号中午12点（东部时间）举行“麦卡锡主义又回来了？”的网上研讨会。我们邀请了《纽约时报》畅销书作者Larry Tye和美国媒体The Intercept的调查记者 Mara Hvistendahl 来分享他们对这个问题的看法。密苏里州前州长、USHCA 主席Bob Holden 届时将讲话，UCA主席薛海培主持会议。
前国务卿John Kerry这样评价Tye 的新书，“Larry Tye’s Demagogue nails the defining biography of Joe McCarthy. I grew up a Cold War kid watching it all on television. I thought I knew it all, but Tye makes it real.”
Hvistendahl 在The Intercept上发表了多篇与“China Initiative”相关的深度报道，她也是《科学》杂志驻中国的前首席记者。她的最新著作The Scientist and The Spy: A True Story of China, The FBI, and Industrial Espionage详细介绍了一项影响深远的联邦调查局针对中国科学家的调查。
#UCAWAVES: Film Screening of “Wake Up”: Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
Sunday, October 24, 2021
6:30 – 9 p.m. Eastern Time
Register at https://tinyurl.com/ucawakeup
Join the UCA WAVES Program for a free screening of the film “Wake Up,” followed by a panel discussion with mental health experts.
This touching documentary was produced by the nonprofit organization, Project Wake Up, in order to change the way people perceive and talk about mental health, as well as to prevent suicide. The film tells real stories, via interviews the creators did with college students, veterans, people who are transgender, and more.
After the screening, mental health experts and community advocates will discuss mental health support and suicide prevention in the Chinese American community, as well as in the U.S. at large.
美东时间晚上 6:30 – 9 p.m. Eastern Time
这部纪录片是非盈利组织Project Wake Up为改变人们看待和谈论心理健康的方式，预防自杀行为而制作的一部非常感人的纪录片，该片讲述的都是真实的故事，采访对象包括大学生、退伍军人、政治拥趸、变性人、反枪支控制人士等。
- October 16 at 7 – 8:30 p.m. EST: Talk About Mental Health: Stories That Save Lives
Register at https://tinyurl.com/UCA-WAVES-OCT16
- October 19, 2018: 2018 Chinese American Convention
- October 15, 2018: 2018 Convention Videos
- OCTOBER 1, 2018: 2018 Post-Convention Survey
- September 10, 2018: Convention In The News
- September 8, 2018: 2018-convention-manifesto
- August 6, 2018: Launching 2018 Chinese American Convention Online Fundraising Drive
- July 27, 2018: Convention Sponsors
- June 9, 2018: 2018 Convention
- June 9, 2018: About the Convention
- February 28, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention
- February 27, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – Registration Form
- February 27, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – Hotel Booking
- February 27, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – Registration
- February 27, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – Endorsing Organizations
- February 27, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – FAQs
- February 27, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – Sponsorship
- February 27, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – Agenda
- February 27, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – Keynote Speakers
- January 30, 2018: 2018 UCA Convention – September 27-29, 2018