UCA is Calling for Volunteer Program Team Member
As we approach the end of 2019, UCA has been tasked with more programs and opportunities. We are busy preparing for our 2020 Convention, the 2020 Census, advocacy work in Congress with other racial/ethnic groups, year-end fundraising, youth mental health initiatives, chapter openings, new community partnerships, youth leadership training, and civic engagement summer internships. UCA is primarily a volunteer-based organization with thousands of hours donated by our dedicated and talented volunteers–the bread and butter of our organization. We continue to look for volunteers to work on critically important programs and initiatives to move our community forward. The Volunteer Program Team Member will have the opportunity to work with an amazing group of people who are passionate about building a civically engaged Chinese American community.
Main responsibilities include:
● Implementing UCA programs, including but not limited to, the Youth Mental Health Initiative, Civic Engagement Summer Internship, 2020 Census work, and fundraising
● Working with the convention team on program coordination and logistics for UCA’s 2020 Convention
● Writing program objectives and outlines, and tracking program data
● Supporting UCA chapters and community partners with program implementation
● This position could become a paid part-time position next summer if funding is available
● This position will require a commitment of about 4-6 hours weekly
The ideal candidate will have:
● Prior experience working with volunteer teams in community organizations
● Project management experience
● Strong communication skills (verbal and written in both Chinese and English preferred) with a supportive and collaborative spirit
● Detailed-oriented skills and ability to follow through on tasks
● Basic computer skills working with Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel), Google Docs, and graphic design.
Please contact Haipei at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shuiwen at email@example.com with your interest, questions, or recommendations. Thank you!