2018 Chinese American Convention
Sept. 27-29, 2018
Hyatt Regency Crystal City
at Reagan National Airport, Washington D.C.
2018 Convention Theme: Strengthen Our Community, Embrace a Pluralistic Society
Hosted by United Chinese Americans (UCA), a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization , 2018 Chinese American Convention will bring the like-minded Chinese Americans together to address issues facing our fast-growing communities. The two-day conference will serve as a unique platform for the participants to learn from civic leaders and community experts, discuss commonly concerned issues, share experiences and explore opportunities to work collaboratively. United States is becoming a pluralistic society. Like all other minorities, Chinese Americans desire a multi-ethnic democracy where every race and ethnic group enjoy full participation in the political process.
- Debut Interactive Chinese American Heritage Map (Click Here to access the iCAHM intro video)
- Present the Latest Available Data on the Well-being of Chinese Americans in Comparison to Other Asian American Groups and the General Population
- Sessions on Civil Rights and Asian American Experiences
- The future of Affirmative Action and college admissions
- Share Chinese Americans Success Stories in Civic Engagement
- Congressional Dinner at Capital Hill Meeting with Members of Congress
- Community Showcase Learning the Best Practice of Community Building Programs and Initiatives
- Signing Ceremony of UCA Washington Manifesto.
- Convention Agenda
In addition, we will also have sessions on issues of particular concerns to Chinese Americans, such as youth mental health, civil rights, political participation, community showcase, adopted Chinese children and spiritual life.