Civic Leadership Forum
Empower Communities & Impact Tomorrow
United Chinese Americans (UCA) is a nationwide non-profit and nonpartisan federation of organizations and individuals dedicated to empowering Chinese American communities through civic participation, political engagement, heritage sharing, and youth development for the wellbeing of all Americans.
Sponsored by the Civic Leadership Forum Foundation (CLFF) and other future grant-giving institutions, UCA Civil Leadership Forum (CLF) aims to train Asian Americans to fully participate in America’s civic and political life by creating a pipeline for its leaders for a representative democracy and a just society. Traditionally, Asian Americans have been underrepresented in the political sphere on both the local levels and national stages. It is therefore critical for each of us to be part of the solution by developing such future leaders. Our goal is to unite our community across the country, to empower our civic and political leaders. We hope to light the fire, rally the troop, and march on to build better communities and more perfect Union of both today and tomorrow.
- Increase civic leadership pool: Introduce CLF to the broader Asian American community and include local CLF participants to the CLFF contact database.
- Build up communal intelligence: Video record of forums, for on-line training library in the future; training material so prepared.
- Impact future: Build stronger pipeline for civic and political leaders.
- Number of registered CLF participants and partner organizations involved;
- Number of people rising up from audience to run for office, get trained to run for office, and to gain political and judicial appointments.